Instantly turn your laptop into a 2-port KVM console, by connecting it to this rackmounted crash cart adapter. This 2-port USB crash-cart adapter gives you KVM control of your servers, directly from your laptop. It's a convenient solution for routine diagnostics, maintenance and updates for small-scale server applications, giving you full console access to servers located in small spaces, or congested server racks. It's also perfect for environments where a fixed-installation console server isn't feasible, such as in a server closet or wall-mounted server rack.
The USB crash-cart adapter offers a cost-effective and convenient way to access and control your servers. At a fraction of the cost of a rack-mounted LCD console, installing this easy-to-use adapter means not having to wheel around a conventional server-room crash cart.
Instead of the expense of a dedicated rack console, or hassle of a full-scale crash cart, you can multi-purpose your laptop and save your IT budget by using equipment you already have on hand.
Using the included software, the adapter can do things that regular KVMs can't. The software provides a robust and flexible interface that lets you view your servers on your full laptop screen, without scroll bars, and lets you reduce the viewing window so that you can work on your laptop and servers at the same time to maximize your productivity.
The software also supports file transfers between your laptop and the servers, which is perfect for server software updates and patches. The adapter's software also offers video capture support, so you can record your activity on the servers as video, which you can later use for verification or instructional purposes.
The USB crash cart is easy to install, using the included mounting brackets and 2-in-1 USB and VGA cables. Installing the included software on your laptop is also easy, using the included pre-loaded USB key.
- Product Description StarTech.com 2-port KVM Console Adapter - Rackmount Crash Cart Adapter - KVM switch - 2 ports
- Device Type KVM switch - 2 ports
- Subtype KVM
- Ports 2 x KVM port(s)
- KVM Users Qty 1 local user
- Power AC 120/230 V
- Weight 8.61 oz
- Color Black
- System Requirements Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10, Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Linux 2.6.x to 4.11.x LTS versions, Microsoft Windows Server 2019, Apple MacOS X 10.9 - 10.14
- Manufacturer Warranty 2-year warranty
- Designed For P/N: SVA5N3NEUA