This BUSlink 4-bay RAID hard drive supports large capacity and USB 3.0/eSATA interface. It supports Intelligent RAID function: RAID 0, RAID 3, RAID 5, RAID 10, and large. Removable HDD trays support hot-plug replacement of drives. HDD intelligent sleep function is supported. The LCM display and buttons support convenient setting of RAID modes and status display.
CipherShield design features a chip embedded in the access key which matches the AES encryption module on the controller board. The drive will automatically lock down its content once the key is unplugged, or power is shut off. And without the access key, data will not be seen or accessed in the event of theft or loss of the external drive. Data stored on the hard drive are safeguarded by hardware-based National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) certified industrial strength AES (Advanced Encryption standard) cryptographic engine. The advantage of hardware encryption over software encryption is that you need not be concerned about Trojans/viruses or software upgrades, which results in a decrease of total cost of ownership. Since CipherShield encrypts data independent of the operating system; removing the drive and connecting it directly to the SATA BUS will not defeat the encryption.
- Product Description BUSlink CipherShield CS External Drive CSE-48TB4-SU3 - hard drive array
- Device Type Hard drive array
- Total Array Capacity 48 TB
- Interface SATA 3Gb/s, USB 3.0
- Installed Devices / Modules Qty 4 (installed) / 4 (max)
- Supported Drives SATA-300
- Built-in Devices Status LCD
- Storage Controller RAID (SATA 3Gb/s) - RAID 0, 3, 5, 10
- Hard Drive 4 x 12 TB HDD NTFS formatted
- OS Required Linux, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Microsoft Windows Vista / 7 / 8
- Manufacturer Warranty 1-year warranty