Recommended for home theaters or short-distance digital signage applications in classrooms, showrooms, offices, churches, restaurants, bars, hotels and trade shows, this Ultra High Definition (UHD) HDMI splitter is quick and easy to install. It connects to an HDMI source device, such as a computer or Blu-ray player, and transmits a 4K audio/video signal to eight HDMI monitors, projectors or televisions simultaneously. You can cascade up to three levels of splitters, which expands the total number of connected displays to 512.
Note: The B118-008E-UHD-2 is an HDMI Splitter, it sends the same image to all connected displays. If you would like to extend an image over multiple displays you will need an MST hub, like the B156-002-HD-V2.
Using standard 28 AWG HDMI cable, the B118-008E-UHD-2 distributes a 4K x 2K audio/video signal (at 60 Hz) up to 15 feet (4 meters). Be sure the HDMI cables connecting the splitter to the source and displays are no longer than 15 feet. For best performance, we recommend using Tripp Lite's P569-Series Premium High-Speed HDMI cables.
The B118-008E-UHD-2 supports a wide range of audio formats, including DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus and LPCM 7.1-channel surround sound. It also features lip sync pass-through, 36-bit Deep Color, xvYCC and x.vColor, while receiving and transmitting up to 18 Gbps of bandwidth with no data loss. To ensure compatibility with the latest hardware, this splitter is compliant with HDCP 2.2, 3D and HDMI 2.0 standards.
EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) allows the source device to identify the capabilities of each connected display and transmit to the highest video and audio resolutions shared by all displays. The B118-008E-UHD-2's default EDID setting uses the lowest level of video format shared by the displays (for instance, if two monitors support 4K video and one supports 1080p, all three monitors will show 1080p). In the event you want to override the automatic detection setting and control the audio/video output yourself, you may do so by adjusting the built-in DIP switches.
The plug-and-play B118-008E-UHD-2 requires no additional software or drivers. Connect your devices to the HDMI ports with user-supplied HDMI cables (such as Tripp Lite's P569-Series), and plug the included external power supply into an AC power source to get started. An amber LED indicates the unit is receiving power, and blue LEDs indicate connected HDMI inputs. Use the included hardware to install the unit on a desktop or mount it to a wall.
- Product Description Tripp Lite HDMI Splitter 8-Port 4K @ 60Hz HDMI HDCP 2.2 EDID Management - video/audio splitter - 8 ports - rack-mountable
- Device Type Video/audio splitter - 8 ports
- Enclosure Type Rack-mountable
- Subtype HDMI
- Ports 8 x HDMI
- Performance Data transfer rate: 18 Gbps
- Features HDCP compliant, 3D support, built-in DIP switch, 4K resolution support, xvYCC support, Lip Sync pass-through, LPCM 7.1 support, Dolby TrueHD support, Dolby Digital Plus support, EDID Management, 36-bit Deep Color support, x.v.Color support, DTS-HD support
- Compliant Standards HDCP 2.2
- Power AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz) 0.6 A
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 3.2 in x 10.4 in x 0.9 in
- Weight 15.87 oz
- Color Black
- Manufacturer Warranty 3-year warranty