Weatherproof and temperature-hardened, the Aruba 387 Series Access Points deliver multi-gigabit per second aggregate throughput at distances up to 400 meters (or 0.25 miles). With the ever-growing number of IoT devices, demand for reliable connectivity is rising - not just in traditional carpeted enterprises but also in outdoor use cases such as enabling connectivity across buildings on the same campus, adjacent structures (e.g. parking garage or annex), and remote or temporary event sites.
Point-to-point wireless solutions offer an attractive option for connecting two sites together where the right of way is difficult to obtain - or as a backup or recovery link for existing connections. But legacy point-to-point solutions can be expensive and vulnerable to inclement weather conditions. They can also require highly skilled workers for AP installation and alignment. To solve these challenges, the 387 Series AP is designed with the resiliency needed during inclement weather and to survive harsh conditions. The 387 Series AP can withstand up to 165 mph winds and tolerate water, dust, and salt sprays for extended periods of time, and also provide connectivity at up to 400 meters. Should weather cause the 387 Series to become misaligned, Aruba's 60GHz radios can automatically adjust and align the point-to-point connection.
- Product Description HPE Aruba AP-387 (RW) FIPS/TAA - wireless access point
- Device Type Wireless access point
- Form Factor External - outdoor
- Data Link Protocol IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac
- Frequency Band 5 GHz, 60 GHz
- Performance Maximum data rate (60 GHz): 2.5 Gbps ¦ Maximum data rate (5 GHz): 867 Mbps ¦ Aggregate throughput: 3.37 Gbps
- OS Required ArubaOS, InstantOS
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE) Supported PoE
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 7.1 in x 7.1 in x 4 in
- Weight 2.64 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty Limited lifetime warranty