TS2260 Tape Drive
Sixth-generation LTO Ultrium, half-height tape drive
The IBM TS2260 tape drive is the answer to growing storage requirements and shrinking backup windows. Incorporating the latest generation of industry-leading LTO technology, the TS2260 tape drive is suited for handling backup, save and restore, and archival data storage needs with higher capacity and higher data transfer rates than the previous generation. In addition, the LTO Ultrium 6 technology is designed to support media partitioning and LTFS technology. It also continues to support encryption of data and write-once-read-many (WORM) media.
- Provide long-term backup and archive storage data protection while lowering overall storage costs
- Simplify data management with IBM® Spectrum Archive™ utilizing BM Linear Tape File System™ (LTFS) technology
- Improve energy efficiency over previous generations
- Support media partitioning on LTO Ultrium 6 media
- Plug-and-play with SuperSpeed USB 3.0 option
The IBM TS2260 tape drive is an excellent tape storage solution for organizations requiring backup and low-cost, archival storage of data. TS2260, with a half-height form-factor, offers more capacity than the full-height LTO Ultrium 5 tape drive in less space. TS2260 provides a physical storage capacity of up to 6.25 TB (with 2.5:1 compression). The data transfer performance has increased over the previous LTO Ultrium half-height generation with a transfer rate of up to 160 MBps with 6 Gbps SAS interface connectivity. It also offers two SAS and one Ethernet port per drive to improve availability.
Lease it from Zones! Learn more