TS3310 Tape Library
Supporting business continuity and information lifecycle management
The IBM TS3310 Tape Library is a modular, scalable tape library designed to address the tape storage needs of rapidly growing companies that find themselves space- and resource-constrained with tape backup and other tape applications.
Designed around a 5U-high modular base library unit, the TS3310 can scale vertically with expansion for LTO Ultrium cartridges, drives and redundant power supplies.
- Provides a modular, scalable tape library designed to grow as your needs grow
- Features desktop, desk-side and rack-mounted configurations
- Delivers optimal data storage efficiency with high cartridge density using standard or write-once-read-many (WORM) Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Ultrium data cartridges
- Can simplify user access to data stored on LTO Ultrium 6 and 5 cartridges through the use of IBM® Spectrum Archive™ featuring IBM Linear Tape File System™ technology
- Doubles the compressed cartridge capacity and provides over 40 percent better performance compared to 5th generation LTO Ultrium drives
For businesses challenged with rapidly growing data backup needs and limited physical space for a tape library, the IBM TS3310 offers simple, rapid expansion as processing needs grow.
This tape library allows you to start small with only a single 5U high library. Over time, as your need for tape backup expands, you can add additional 9U expansion modules, each of which contains space for additional cartridges, tape drives and a redundant power supply. The entire system grows vertically. Currently, available configurations include the 5U base library module and a 5U base with up to four 9U expansion modules.
Lease it from Zones! Learn more