Microsoft Access 2013
Create desktop databases without being a developer
Access is now much more than a way to create desktop databases. It's an easy-to-use tool for quickly creating browser-based database applications that help you run your business. Your data is automatically stored in a SQL database, so it's more secure than ever, and you can easily share your applications with colleagues.
Experience apps that are easy to use as they grow with your business
- Never again worry about users getting "lost in the data" with apps that automatically keep an attractive, easy-to-use interface and consistent user experience. Access deals with the code that creates this professional look and feel.
- Users can take a peek at additional relevant information in the database without changing screens, so they have the right context when reviewing or entering information.
- Entering data is now much easier and less error-prone for app users with drop downs and recommendations made upon beginning to type in data. Lookups allow for drawing relationships between records in different tables.
Share your data and control access to it more easily
- With Access Services and SharePoint Online or On-Prem SharePoint Server 2013, Access apps can now be easily managed and monitored through a company SharePoint site in a browser. This enables multi-user accessibility and the permissions control expected from SharePoint along with visibility on app usage.
- The back end has been moved to SQL Server and Windows Azure SQL Database to allow for added reliability, robust security, scalability and long-term manageability. Access applications now leverage standard SQL syntax and a true mission-critical back end, whether deployed on-premises or in the cloud.
Note: Access Services is required, sold separately as part of select Office 365, SharePoint Online, and SharePoint Server 2013 offers.