The FortiGate-S series are the first access points of their kind to have a Next Generation Firewall built in. Unlike any other access points on the market, they are equipped with extra memory and a powerful dual-core processor. This enables them to perform real-time security processing on the AP, providing complete protection against all manner of Wi-Fi and cyber-threats at the network edge. With Fortinet's award winning security technology embedded in the AP, the FortiAP-S series provides the most compact solution for complete content and application security in a Wi-Fi architecture.
The FortiAP-S series access points are designed for deployment in branch and distributed enterprise remote sites. They are managed through the FortiCloud provisioning and management portal or the FortiGate management console. The S-series eliminate CAPEX and complexity of deploying WLAN controllers and management servers, making deployment faster and scalable and giving the customer the flexibility to deploy a wireless solution that best fits their network.
- Product Description Fortinet FortiAP-S Smart S421E - wireless access point
- Device Type Wireless access point
- Form Factor External - indoor
- Localization Americas
- Data Link Protocol IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac Wave 2
- Frequency Band 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz
- Performance Maximum throughput (2.4 GHz): 800 Mbps ¦ Maximum throughput (5 GHz): 1.733 Gpps
- Capacity Maximum number of configured SSIDs: 16 ¦ Concurrent users per radio: 512
- Included Accessories Wall mounting kit, ceiling mounting kit, T-Rail mounting kit
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE) Supported PoE
- Power AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 8.5 in x 8.5 in x 2.2 in
- Weight 3.31 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty Limited lifetime warranty