- Definitions and key terms
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
- When does Zones use third parties to Obtain Personally Identifiable Information ("PII")
- Do we share the information we collect with third parties?
- How Do We Use Your Email Address?
- How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
- How Do We Protect Your Information?
- Could my information be transferred to other countries?
- Can I update or correct my information?
- Governing Law
- Your Consent
- Links to Other Websites
- Cookies & Sessions
- Kids' Privacy
- State Specific Information (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, Vermont and Virginia Residents)
- Third-Party Services
- Contact Us
Zones, LLC, ("Zones" or "we", "our", "us") a global IT solutions provider, delivers products and services to help companies make a complete digital transformation – from desktop to data center – to the cloud and beyond. Zones is committed to Customer privacy. We regularly review our privacy policies to ensure we remain current with applicable laws, as well as ensuring the goodwill of our Customers.
2. Definitions and key terms
- Cookie: Small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. It is used to identify your browser, provide analytics, remember information about you such as your language preference or login information.
- Country: where Zones or the owners/founders of Zones are based, in this case is the United States.
- Customer: refers to the company, organization or person that signs up to use the Zones Service to manage the relationships with Customer's consumers or service users.
- Device: any internet connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer, or other device that can be used to get products or services from Zones.
- IP address: Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the Internet.
- Personnel: refers to those individuals who are employed by Zones or are under contract by or on behalf of Zones or its contractors.
- Personal Information or Personally Identifiable Information: any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information – including a personal identification number – allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
- Services: refers to the services & products provided by Zones as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this platform.
- Third-party service: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you.
- Website: Zones' site, which can be accessed via this URL: www.zones.com
- Individual or You: a person or entity that is registered with Zones to use the Services.
- Corporate Affiliate: means any person or entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with Zones, whether by ownership or otherwise.
3. What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information when one visits or registers on our site, places an order, subscribes to our newsletter, responds to a survey, or fills out a form.
We may collect following Personal Information/Transactional Information:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Shipping Address
- Billing Address
- Credit Card Number
Zones may also retain certain other information that you provide, including names and email addresses associated with email subscriptions, surveys, requested quotes, or other registration activities ("Other Customer Information"). Transactional Information and Other Customer Information are collectively referred to herein as "Customer Information".
4. How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the collected information in one of the following ways:
- For billing and shipping of order(s) and contacting you about your order(s).
- To personalize and improve your experience when interacting with our systems including the website (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve the quality of customer support services (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site features
- To send periodic marketing or customer support email communications
- Zones uses opt-in email registration to deliver promotional offers through email. We use profile information you provide to tailor offers of potential interest to you. This profile data is held on a secure server and is not distributed to third parties for marketing purposes.
5. When does Zones use third parties to Obtain Personally Identifiable Information ("PII")
We collect end user Data necessary to provide Services to them. End users may voluntarily provide us with information they have made available on social media websites. If you provide us with any such information, we may collect publicly available information from the social media websites you have indicated. You can control how much of your information social media websites make public by visiting these websites and changing your privacy settings.
6. Do we share the information we collect with third parties?
We may share the information that we collect, both personal and non-personal, with third parties such as, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you. We may also share it with our current and future affiliated companies and business partners, and if we are involved in a merger, asset sale or other business reorganization, we may also share or transfer your personal and non-personal information to our successors-in-interest.
We may engage trusted third-party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintaining our servers and the website, database storage and management, e-mail management, storage marketing, credit card processing, customer service and fulfilling orders for products and services you may purchase through the website. We will likely share your personal information, and possibly some non-personal information, with these third parties to enable them to perform these services for us and for you.
We may share portions of our log file data, including IP addresses, for analytics purposes with third parties such as web analytics partners, application developers, and ad networks. If your IP address is shared, it may be used to estimate general location and other technographics such as connection speed, whether you have visited the website in a shared location, and type of the device used to visit the website. They may aggregate information about our advertising and what you see on the website and then provide auditing, research and reporting for us and our advertisers.
We may also disclose personal and non-personal information about you to government or law enforcement officials as per the applicable laws.
7. How Do We Use Your Email Address?
We only send emails to people who have authorized us to contact them, either directly, or through a third party. We do not send unsolicited commercial emails. Email addresses submitted only through the order processing page will be used for the sole purpose of sending you information and updates pertaining to your order. If, however, you have provided the same email to us through another method, we may use it for any of the purposes stated in this Policy. You can cancel your participation in any of these email lists at any time by clicking on the opt-out link or other unsubscribe option that is included in the respective email.
8. How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide Services to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with the legal and/or regulatory obligations, we may remove it from our systems.
9. How Do We Protect Your Information?
We implement commercially reasonable security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We employ the use of a secure server. Sensitive information is transmitted via secure and encrypted technology and limit access to Customer Information to authorized personnel. We have physical, electronic, and management procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, and maintain overall security of the information.
10. Could my information be transferred to other countries?
Zones is in the United States of America and does business in many countries through its affiliates, and the information collected via our website, through direct interactions with you, or from use of our customer support services is stored within the USA. However, some information may be accessed by our employees in global offices for the purpose of providing enhanced support for delivery of products and / or Services.
In addition, in some parts of the world, we may share this information with third parties who are contracted for delivery of products and / or Services to our global customers.
11. Can I update or correct my information?
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to send a request to update or correct the information. You will be required to provide the existing and the updated information.
13. Governing Law
The laws of United States of America, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this Agreement and your use of Zones' website. Your use of Zones' website may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
14. Your Consent
15. Links to Other Websites
16. Cookies & Sessions
Zones also may use "Sessions" to identify the areas of our website that you have visited. A Session is a small piece of data stored on your computer or mobile device by your web browser.
Zones aggregates cookies, IP addresses, and web log data associated with website visitors to help us understand how best to serve Customers. We also may utilize such data in conjunction with a Customer's shopping cart and/or registration to make appropriate product, service, and solution recommendations.
Zones may use third party tracking software to gather information about where users are coming from and how they are using our site. This data is collected and used to evaluate Zones' website performance and marketing program effectiveness and to market to potential customers. Additionally, Zones uses a vendor, Demandbase, to track visitors to our website to collect information for marketing purposes.
17. Kids' Privacy
We do not communicate with anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Information, please contact Us at email@example.com. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to promptly remove that information from Our servers.
18. State Specific Information (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, Vermont and Virginia Residents)
- Overview: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") became effective on January 1, 2020 and created a variety of privacy rights for California consumers. In November 2020, California enacted the California Privacy Rights Act ("CPRA") which amended the CCPA, effective January 1, 2023. Additionally, Virginia (effective January 1, 2023), Colorado (effective July 1, 2023), Connecticut (July 1, 2023), Iowa (March 28, 2023) and Utah (December 31, 2023) have passed laws extending similar privacy rights to their consumers. We use this section to make disclosures required by these state laws.
- You have the following rights:
- Where applicable as set forth above, you have the right to know what kinds of personal information We collect, how We obtain and use that information, and our business purposes for that collection. We may collect the following information:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Shipping Address
- Billing Address
- Where applicable as set forth above, you have the right to know whether your personal information is being sold. Your personal information is "sold" when it is provided with a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration for a purpose that is not a "business purpose" as set forth in the CCPA or other U.S. state data privacy laws. Please note a "sale" does not include when we disclose your personal information at your direction, or when otherwise permitted under law. Zones does not sell your personal information.
- Where applicable as set forth above you have the right to know if your personal information is provided to third parties. We may provide personal information to have our Service Providers, as defined by the CCPA, perform services specified by written contract. In addition, we may disclose personal information to third parties for other notified purposes, as permitted by U.S. state data privacy laws. Please refer to Section 6 above for more information.
- Where applicable as set forth above you have the right to know if we disclose your personal information for a business purpose. We may "share" your personal information with third parties for personalized advertising purposes, as defined under California and other applicable U.S. state laws. "Personalized advertising" in this context means advertisements we believe will be more interesting and useful to you based on your data, including your searches, site visits, and topics you often explore and personal information collected by us. Please refer to Section 6 above for more information.
Please note that the rules implementing some of these laws have not yet been finalized and may periodically change. We are continuously working to better comply with these laws, and we will update our processes, disclosures, and this notice as these implementing rules are finalized.
|Know what specific pieces of personal information We have collected and retained about you over the previous 12 months.
|Correct inaccurate personal information We may have retained.
|Receive a copy of your personal information.
|Delete your personal information.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise these rights.
20. Third-Party Services
We may display, include, or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications, and other products services) or provide links to third-party websites or services ("Third- Party Services").
You acknowledge and agree that Zones shall not be responsible for any Third-Party Services, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Zones does not assume and shall not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Services.
Third-Party Services and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and your access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties' terms and conditions.
21. Contact Us
Customers have online access to their own Customer Information retained by Zones. Additional access to Customer Information is available during Zones' regular business hours. Customers may contact Zones via the information below to review, update, or inquire about their information or to opt out of marketing, mailing and emailing lists.
1102 15th St SW, Ste 102
Auburn, WA 98001
Toll-Free Phone: (800) 248-9948
Hours: M-F: 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST
Last Updated April 17, 2023