The world's first database designed for the cloud
Oracle Database 12c introduces a new multitenant architecture that makes it easy to deploy and manage database clouds. Innovations such as Oracle Multitenant, for consolidating multiple databases quickly, and Automatic Data Optimization with Heat Map, for compressing and tiering data at a higher density, maximize your resource efficiency and flexibility.
These advancements, combined with major enhancements in availability, security and big data support, make Oracle Database 12c an ideal platform for private and public cloud deployments.
- New multitenant architecture enables higher levels of consolidation on the cloud without the need to change existing applications
- Automatic Data Optimization features efficiently manage more data, lower storage costs, and improve database performance
- Defense-in-depth database security addresses evolving threats and stringent data privacy regulations
- Protection from server failure, site failure, human error, reduced planned downtime and application continuity enables maximum availability
- Scalable discovery of business event sequences with enhanced in-database analytics capabilities for big data
- Seamless integration with Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c enables administrators to easily manage the entire database lifecycle
Features and benefits of Oracle 12c Enterprise Edition:
Oracle Database power:
Enables customers deploying private database clouds and SaaS vendors to experience the power of Oracle Database in a secure and isolated multitenant model
Big data management:
Provides comprehensive features to manage the most demanding transaction processing, big data, and data warehouse workloads
Flexibility and options:
Allows customers to choose a wide range of Oracle Database Enterprise Edition options to deliver on business users' performance, security, big data, cloud, and availability service-level expectations