The Cisco ASA 5500 Series Business Edition is an enterprise-strength comprehensive security solution that combines market-leading firewall, VPN, and optional anti-X capabilities, so you can feel confident your business is protected. This easy-to-use solution lets you control access to network resources to protect business data and maximize network uptime. Employee productivity is increased by controlling file sharing, instant messaging, spam, phishing, and other emerging threats. IT resources are freed from virus eradication and system cleanup activities. New business applications can be safely deployed without opening up security holes. Mobile employees and business partners can securely connect to your network over the Internet using IP Security (IPsec) or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN services. With a Cisco ASA 5500 Series solution protecting your network, you can focus on growing your business, without worrying about the latest security threats.
The Cisco ASA 5500 Series Business Edition provides small and medium-sized companies with comprehensive gateway security and VPN connectivity. With its combined firewall and anti-X capabilities, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series stops threats at the gateway before they enter the network and affect business operations. These same services are extended to remote-access users providing a threat-protected VPN connection.
Building on the Cisco PIX Family of security appliances, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series allows valid business traffic to flow, while keeping out unwelcome visitors. And with its application control capabilities, the solution can limit peer-to-peer file sharing, instant messaging, and malicious traffic, while enabling secure deployment of new business applications for improved profitability and competitiveness. This prevents security leaks and the introduction of threats to the network.
With robust anti-X capabilities delivered via the optional Content Security and Control Security Services Module (CSC-SSM), the Cisco ASA 5510 Adaptive Security Appliance provides critical perimeter security services needed for comprehensive protection.
The Cisco ASA 5500 Series include an expansion slot to support add-on capabilities. The Cisco ASA 5510 supports the CSC-SSM, which provides anti-X features. In the Cisco ASA 5505, the expansion slot supports future add-on options. This capability enables small businesses to deploy firewall and VPN capabilities today, and add features in the future as their business grows and the security needs change.
The Cisco ASA 5500 Series provides market-leading, threat-protected remote access. The solution provides both site-to-site and remote-user access to internal network systems and services. This solution combines SSL and IPsec VPN capabilities for maximum flexibility. And since the solution combines firewall and optional anti-X services with VPN services, the VPN traffic cannot introduce malware or other threats to the business.
This bundle includes: 10-user license, 8-port Fast Ethernet switch, stateful firewall, 10 IPsec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, 3DES/AES license, and 1 expansion slot
- Antivirus: Award-winning antivirus technology shields your internal network resources from both known and unknown virus attacks, at the most effective point in your infrastructure - the Internet gateway
- Anti-spyware: Blocking spyware at the gateway prevents spyware from entering your network through Internet traffic (HTTP and FTP) and e-mail traffic, frees up IT support resources from costly spyware removal procedures, and improves employee productivity
- Anti-spam: Effective blocking of spam with very low false positives helps to restore the effectiveness of e-mail, so communication with customers, vendors, and partners continues uninterrupted
- Anti-phishing: Identity theft protection guards against phishing attacks, thereby preventing employees from inadvertently disclosing company or personal details that could lead to financial loss
- Real-time protection for Web access, e-mail, and file transfer: Real-time protection of all Web traffic at the Internet gateway greatly reduces often-overlooked points of vulnerability
- URL filtering: Web and URL filtering can be used to control employee Internet usage by blocking access to inappropriate or non-work-related Websites, improving employee productivity and limiting the risk of legal action being taken by employees exposed to offensive Web content
- E-mail content filtering: E-mail filtering minimizes the legal liability companies can face, due to exposure to offensive material transferred by e-mail. Filtering also enforces regulatory compliance, helping organizations meet the requirements of legislation such as the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act and the Data Protection Act
- Includes the Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM), which provides a powerful yet easy-to-use browser-based management and monitoring interface
- Support evolving business needs - safely deploy new applications by providing advanced application-layer security services for a wide range of popular applications, including Web-based applications, e-mail, voice over IP (VoIP), video, and multimedia applications
- Control access to business resources - prevent unauthorized access to applications or information assets by providing identity-based access control services that can tie into services like Microsoft Active Directory, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), or RSA SecurID
- Increase employee productivity - prevent the loss of employee productivity by preventing spam, spyware, and inappropriate Web browsing
- What's Included: 10-user license, 8-port Fast Ethernet switch, stateful firewall, 10 IPsec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, 3DES/AES license, and 1 expansion slot