Clone a 2.5in/3.5in SATA drive without a host computer connection, or dock the drives over USB 3.0 or eSATA for easy access. The SDOCK2U33RE Dual 2.5/3.5" SATA HDD/SSD duplicator dock lets you duplicate/clone an existing hard drive without the use of a host computer system - or dock and swap drives from your desktop or laptop computer simultaneously, using a single USB or eSATA port.
The SDOCK2U33RE offers convenient dual-function performance. As a hard drive duplicator, the SDOCK2U33RE lets you create an exact sector-by-sector clone from one hard drive to another, including partitions and boot sector information - ensuring data integrity and consistency for sensitive operations, such as data recovery. As an external hard drive dock the SDOCK2U33RE lets you connect your drives through either eSATA or USB, with each drive slot individually supporting high capacity 2.5/3.5" hard drives or solid state drives, tested up to 4 TB.
With support for SATA III (6 Gbps) you can maximize efficiency with duplication speeds up to 22 GB per minute, and eSATA docking speeds up to 6 Gbps. The Dock can also be connected through USB 3.0 with UASP for transfer speeds up 5 Gbps (70% faster than conventional USB 3.0).
With push button operation and plug-and play installation, the duplicator dock has been specially designed for hassle-free operation. The SDOCK2U33RE lets you quickly dock your hard drives or start duplicating hard drives with the push of a button. Plus, the built-in LED progress bar saves you time by letting you easily monitor the entire duplication process, so you'll know exactly when it's time to start your next operation.
For added compatibility with different drive types in duplication and docking applications, the SDOCK2U33RE supports the use of various drive adapters. The below list of StarTech.com adapters have been specifically tested, to ensure compatibility with this drive duplicator: 2.5/3.5in IDE drives - SAT2IDEADP; mSATA drives - SAT2MSAT25; M.2 (NGFF) drives - SAT32M225.
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
- Product Description StarTech.com Dual Bay USB 3.0/ eSATA Hard Drive Duplicator Dock for 2.5" & 3.5" SATA SSD HDD with UASP (6Gbps) - Standalone Docking Station (SDOCK2U33RE) - storage controller - SATA 6Gb/s - USB 3.0
- Device Type Storage controller - external
- Bus Type USB 3.0
- Color Black
- Expansion Bays 2 x hot-swap - 2.5" / 3.5" shared
- Hard Drive Form Factor Compatibility 2.5", 3.5"
- Features Power indicator
- Interface SATA 6Gb/s
- Data Transfer Rate 600 MBps
- Supported Devices Hard drive
- Power AC 120/230 V
- System Requirements Linux, Microsoft Windows 2000, Apple MacOS X 10.6 or later, Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64 bits), Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64 bits), Microsoft Windows XP (32/64 bits), Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (32/64-bits), Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (32/64-bits), Google Chrome OS, Windows 8 (32/64 bits), Windows 8.1 (32/64 bits)
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 5.2 in x 5.8 in x 2.8 in
- Weight 2.2 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty 2-year warranty
- Designed For P/N: SVA12M5NA