The switch fabric is the core of the Cisco CRS routing system. The switch fabric is implemented through switch fabric cards installed in the chassis. The switch fabric uses a cell-switched, buffered three-stage Benes switch fabric architecture. The switch fabric receives user data from a modular services card (MSC) and performs the switching necessary to route the data to the appropriate egress MSC.
The switch fabric is divided into eight planes (plane 0 to plane 7) that are used to evenly distribute traffic across the switch fabric. Each switch fabric plane is independent and not synchronized with one another. Each cell traverses the switch fabric using a single switch fabric plane.
- Product Description Cisco Switch Fabric Card - switch - plug-in module
- Device Type Switch
- Enclosure Type Plug-in module
- Performance Switching capacity: 140 Gbps
- Pricing Type Remanufactured
- Designed For Carrier Routing System CRS-1