Break through your walls and extend your wireless LAN (WLAN) outdoors with the ExtremeWireless WiNG AP 8163. This rugged access point is purpose-built inside and out to enable easy extension of robust wireless connectivity to workers in outdoor spaces. On the outside is a housing designed to handle virtually any weather conditions.
On the inside, three radios give you the power and flexibility to handle today's bandwidth-heavy applications and secure your data - without purchasing and managing an additional layer of equipment. Each of the two 802.11n radios can support either the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band, providing the flexibility to segment traffic as needed to maximize network and application performance. The third band-unlocked radio can be used to help increase security and network uptime as either a dedicated sensor for a Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS), enabling around-the-clock rogue detection, or as a Scan Ahead radio that can find clean channels and eliminate network outages due to radar interference in the 5 GHz band.
- Product Description Extreme Networks ExtremeWireless WiNG 8163 Outdoor Access Point - wireless access point
- Device Type Wireless access point
- Form Factor External - outdoor
- Localization Worldwide
- Data Link Protocol IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
- Frequency Band 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE) Supported PoE
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 10 in x 9 in x 2.6 in
- Weight 5.6 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty 1-year warranty