This USB to Ethernet adapter allows you to instantly connect your computer, laptop, tablet or other USB-compatible device to a wired 10/100 Mbps fiber optic network, even if your device has no NIC (Network Interface Controller) installed. The adapter offers access to an Ethernet network when Wi-Fi is unavailable or when a wired connection offers faster speeds. It transmits data up to 2 kilometers (1.2 miles) from your fiber network using a 1310 nm wavelength.
This USB 2.0 Ethernet adapter is fully hot-swappable, so you can install it without a potentially costly network shutdown or device reboot. Just connect the built-in USB cable to your device's USB port (which also powers the adapter), and wait for the installation process to finish (you may have to reboot your computer). Then, connect the LC duplex port using existing or newly run multimode fiber cable (such as Tripp Lite's N820-Series, sold separately).
The compact USB to Ethernet adapter supports full 10/100 Mbps network speeds and USB 2.0 speeds, allowing you to transfer data efficiently and stream audio and video. The direct fiber connection minimizes the risk of data leaks and electromagnetic interference (EMI). A blue LED indicates successful Ethernet connection and data transfer. The adapter works with Windows operating systems and is backward compatible with USB 1.1 devices.
- Product Description Tripp Lite USB 2.0 Ethernet NIC Adapter - 10/100 Mbps, 100Base-FX, LC, Multimode Fiber - network adapter
- Device Type Network adapter
- Form Factor External
- Interface (Bus) Type USB 2.0
- Ports 10/100 Ethernet x 1
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 1.6 in x 2.2 in x 0.7 in
- Weight 1.76 oz
- Cabling Type Ethernet 100Base-FX
- Data Link Protocol 10Mb LAN, 100Mb LAN
- Max Transfer Distance 1.2 miles
- Color White
- Manufacturer Warranty 3-year warranty