Intel Omni-Path Architecture (OPA) is a family of PCIe adapters, switches, cables, and management software that provides high-performance connectivity between servers. It is designed for high performance computing (HPC) workloads and has the ability to scale to thousands of nodes.
The PCIe adapters, known as Omni-Path Host Fabric Adapters (HFAs) use an advanced connectionless "on-load" design that uses the processing capacity of Intel Xeon processors in the server to automatically scale fabric performance as server processor core counts increase.
- Product Description Intel OPA 100 Series HFA - network adapter
- Device Type Network adapter
- Form Factor Plug-in card
- Interface (Bus) Type PCI Express 3.0 x16
- Ports 1
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 6.6 in x 2.7 in
- Weight 8.46 oz
- Designed For System x3550 M5 5463, 8869; x3650 M5 5462, 8871; ThinkSystem SD530; SR530; SR550; SR630; SR650; SR670 7Y37