METHOD X is capable of printing real ABS that can withstand up to 15°C higher temperatures, is up to 26% more rigid, and up to 12% stronger than modified ABS formulations used on desktop 3D printer competitors. Real ABS parts printed on METHOD X have no warping or cracking that typically occurs when printing modified ABS on desktop platforms without heated chambers.
The MakerBot METHOD X combines industry expertise and technologies from Stratasys - the worldwide leader in industrial 3D printing - with MakerBot's accessibility and ease of use to provide professionals with an industrial 3D printer at a disruptive price point.
Engineered as an automated, tinker-free industrial 3D printing system, METHOD X includes industrial features such as Dry-Sealed Material Bays, Dual Performance Extruders, Soluble Supports, and an Ultra-Rigid Metal Frame. METHOD X's automation and industrial technologies create a controlled printing environment so professionals can design, test, and iterate faster. The lengthened thermal core in the performance extruders are up to 50% longer than a standard hot end to enable faster extrusion, resulting in up to 2X faster print speeds than desktop 3D printers.
MakerBot METHOD X's automated and advanced features provide users with a seamless workflow to help them optimize their design and production processes. The MakerBot METHOD X is one of the most intelligent 3D printers on the market, with 21 onboard sensors that help users monitor, enhance, and print their projects, including RFID chips, temperature sensing, humidity control, material detection, and more. The METHOD platform provides a seamless CAD to part workflow, with Solidworks, Autodesk Fusion 360 and Inventor plug-ins and support for over 30 types of CAD files, helping users turn their CAD files to parts quicker.
- Product Description MakerBot Method X - 3D printer
- Printer Type 3D printer - FDM
- Weight 65.04 lbs
- Max Build Size 7.48 in x 7.48 in x 7.72 in
- Build Speed 1.97 in 3/sec
- Resolution 0.0008 in - 0.02 in
- Interface USB 2.0, LAN, USB host, Wi-Fi
- Preview Screen Size 5"
- Build Materials Supported Polylactide (PLA), acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), polyvinyl alcohol (PVA), PETG, Tough PLA
- Networking Print server
- Printer Features Built-in camera, flex build plate, material detection, automatic z calibration, automatic nozzle calibration, automatic material loading
- Power AC 120/230 V
- System Requirements Microsoft Windows 7, Apple MacOS X 10.9 or later, Windows 10
- Manufacturer Warranty 1-year warranty
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 17.2 in x 16.3 in x 25.6 in