Deploy FortiSandbox as a stand-alone or as an extension of your existing FortiGate Network Security Platform. Learn more by contacting your Zones account executive or calling 800.408.9663.
Today’s most sophisticated cybercriminals are increasingly bypassing traditional antimalware solutions and inserting advanced persistent threats deep within networks. These highly targeted attacks evade established signature-based detection by masking their malicious nature in many ways – compression, encryption, polymorphism, the list of techniques goes on. Some have even begun to evade virtual "sandbox" environments using VM detection, "time bombs", and more. Fighting today’s attacks requires a comprehensive and integrated approach – more than antimalware. More than a virtual sandbox. More than a separate monitoring system.
FortiSandbox offers a robust combination of proactive detection and mitigation, actionable threat insight and easy, integrated deployment. At its foundation is a unique, dual-level sandbox which is complemented by Fortinet’s award-winning antimalware and optional integrated FortiGuard threat intelligence.
- Examines activity, rather than attributes: Executes objects within a secure virtual runtime environment ("sandbox") to analyze activity – system changes, exploit efforts, site visits, subsequent downloads, botnet communications, and more – to expose sophisticated threats.
- Inspects across all Operating Environments: Code emulation examines and runs instruction sets to assess intended activity independent of operating environment for broader security coverage.
- Pre-filters to reduce load and latency: leverage Fortinet’s top rated, proactive antimalware and other threat intelligence to detect certain, previously unknown threats without the time and effort of full "sandboxing."
- Provides rich threat intelligence: Uncover information related to the full threat lifecycle, not just initial code, to speed remediation. Optionally submit to FortiGuard Labs for automated prevention updates.
- Delivers Officially Licensed Microsoft Components: Product includes genuine Microsoft Windows embedded licenses, governed by special terms and conditions specific to virtual environments.
- FortiSandbox is available as an appliance, virtual machine, or cloud service.