The high pixel count of 24.1 effective megapixels delivers high-definition images with fine details of the subject enabling expression with sharpness and depth. The image maintains high resolution even if it is trimmed and printed in large size after shooting. The D5200 employs a Multi-CAM 4800DX autofocus sensor module. 39 focus points track even a fast-moving subject precisely. Furthermore, performance of auto-area AF and 3D-tracking is improved in combination with the Scene Recognition System that utilizes a 2016-pixel RGB sensor.
The D5200 employs newly developed Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor with 24.1 effective megapixels. Combined with the sharp depiction of NIKKOR lenses, the high resolution renders details of the subject minutely and delivers images with great definition and depth. The sensor also supports wide ISO sensitivity range, high-speed readout during live view and Full HD movie recording.
The D5200 comes equipped with image-processing engine EXPEED 3, equivalent to that of higher-end models such as the D4. It processes multiple tasks in parallel at high speed while maintaining high precision to bring out the full potential of the 24.1 megapixels for both still images and movies. The image processing of the EXPEED 3 is excellent at color reproduction, gradation processing and image quality at high sensitivity. It reproduces human skin tone, eyelashes and hair more faithfully. Furthermore, from image processing and card recording to image playback and image transfer, EXPEED 3 manages massive amounts of data at high speed. Even with high ISO noise reduction and Active D-Lighting, continuous shooting speed is not sacrificed, realizing comfortable shooting. This also contributes to energy saving.
- Product Description Nikon D5200 - digital camera - body only
- Product Type Digital camera - SLR with Live View mode, movie recording
- Lens Included Body only
- Memory Card Slot SD card
- Image Processor EXPEED 3
- Sensor Resolution 24.1 Megapixel
- Max Video Resolution 1920 x 1080
- Camera Flash Pop-up flash
- Viewfinder Optical - eye-level pentamirror
- Display LCD display - 3"
- Supported Battery 1 x Nikon EN-EL14 Li-ion rechargeable battery (included)
- Interfaces Provided Composite video/audio, HDMI, USB 2.0
- Microsoft Certification Compatible with Windows 7
- Color Black
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 5.1 in x 3.9 in x 3.1 in
- Weight 17.81 oz