The IOGEAR 2-port USB DVI Dual-Link Secure KVM Switch allows one USB console to control 2 computers and offers additional security features for government and military environment where security is imperative. The IOGEAR GCS1212TAA is NIAP-CERTIFIED - Validated to EAL2+ security requirements, with Peripheral Sharing Switch Protection Profile v2.1 and TAA compliant.
NIAP announced the new strategy to verify all peripheral switches such as KVMs to EAL 2+, in September 07, 2010. The new strategy also updated Peripheral Sharing Switch Protection Profile to v2.1. The Protection Profile specifies U.S. Department of Defense minimum-security requirements for peripheral switches; which enable a single set of human interface devices to be shared between multiple computers. Version 2.1 is the highest latest Protection Profile since the last assurance maintenance which occurred on September 07, 2010.
Additional hardware security includes tamper-evident tape, chassis intrusion detection, and tamper-proof hardware, while software security includes restricted USB connectivity - non HIDs (Human Interface Devices) are ignored when switching - an isolated channel per port that makes it impossible for data to be transferred between secure and unsecure computers, and automatic clearing of the keyboard and mouse buffer.
By combining physical security with controlled USB connectivity, the GCS1212TAA gives you the means to consolidate multiple workstations of various security classification levels with one keyboard, monitor and mouse (KVM) console.
- Product Description IOGEAR 2-Port Dual-Link DVI Secure KVM Switch GCS1212TAA - KVM / audio switch - 2 ports
- Device Type KVM / audio switch - 2 ports
- Subtype KVM
- Ports 2 x KVM / audio
- KVM Users Qty 1 local user
- Features Chassis intrusion detection
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 6.1 in x 13.1 in x 1.7 in
- Weight 3.75 lbs
- System Requirements UNIX, Linux, Apple MacOS 9, Apple MacOS X 10.x, Oracle Solaris, Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
- Manufacturer Warranty 3-year warranty