Backup Exec 16
Virtual. Physical. Cloud. One Backup to Rule Them All.
With Backup Exec, you can be confident that the experience and expertise of delivering the market-leading mid-market backup and recovery product for over 30 years results in a solution that is trusted by over two million organizations in over two hundred countries around the world.
- Single solution for virtual, physical, and cloud environments simplifies backup and eliminates the cost and complexity of multiple point products.
- Fast virtual machine snapshots through deep integration with Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service(VSS) and VMware vStorage™ APIs for Data Protection (VADP) minimizes CPU, memory, and I/O load performance impacts on the virtual host.
- Instant Recovery of VMware and Hyper-V virtual machines provides an immediately usable copy of the server and data for DR compliance, testing, and application deployment.
- Integrated global deduplication and change block tracking allows you to protect more data while minimizing disk space required for backup files.
- Veritas-certified compatibility with virtually any storage device including disk, tape, and cloud means Backup Exec supports your organization's storage strategy, not the other way around.
- Integrated bare-metal, physical to virtual (P2V) and virtual to physical (V2P) recovery helps minimize downtime and disruption.
Backup Exec Editions
Backup Exec is available as on-premises software with three licensing options -- per TB, per socket, per module. Backup Exec Agents and Options expand the features and functionality of Backup Exec to support critical applications, databases, storage configurations, and much more.
- Backup Exec 16 Capacity Edition Lite (per front-end TB)
- Backup Exec 16 Capacity Edition (per front-end TB)
- Backup Exec 16 V-Ray Edition (per occupied socket)
- Backup Exec 16 (a la carte: per module, media server, agent or option)