Explore your options for acquiring Microsoft technology
Microsoft Volume Licensing is the most cost-effective, flexible, and manageable way to acquire Microsoft software and cloud services. Microsoft offers several Volume Licensing programs, each tailored to the needs of different sizes of businesses and types of organizations.
Volume discounts are the most obvious benefit of these programs. But Volume Licensing programs also help organizations with the following:
- Track software use to ensure legal compliance
- Deploy updates and new versions, especially on desktop PCs
- Simplify licensing management and get help from our licensing experts
- Organize software license purchasing through centralized purchasing practices
Software acquired through Microsoft Volume Licensing is a software license only that gives users the right to run a Microsoft software product. Customers can save above retail boxed software prices when they participate in a Microsoft Volume Licensing program. By acquiring software licenses through Volume Licensing, customers pay for only the software license and not for additional materials.
In general, Microsoft Volume Licensing commercial programs align to two main categories:
- For organizations with fewer than 250 desktop PCs, the Microsoft Open Programs: Open Value, Open Value Subscription, and Open License have flexible, low-entry requirements.
- For organizations with 250 or more PCs, Microsoft offers the Microsoft Enterprise Agreement, Enterprise Subscription Agreement, and Select Plus. These programs provide support for a dynamic IT infrastructure with simplified software licensing and management.
Microsoft Software Assurance is included in subscription licensing, offering access to a broad range of benefits that help with both managing costs and getting the most out of new technologies.
Software Assurance helps boost productivity across your organization by enabling you to get the most out of your Microsoft software with 24x7 support, deployment planning services, end-user and technical training, and the latest software releases and unique technologies, all in one cost-effective program. Improve end-user productivity with online training and home-use licenses to help enhance skills and accelerate familiarity with Microsoft software. To help IT staff efficiently manage your Microsoft technology, Software Assurance provides new software releases as they become available, provides access to 24x7 phone and web support, technical classroom training, and deployment planning services.