Enhances storage to improve resource utilization and productivity
IBM Spectrum Virtualize industry-leading storage virtualization enhances existing storage to improve resource utilization and productivity to achieve a simpler, more scalable and cost efficient IT infrastructure. The functionality of IBM Spectrum Virtualize is provided by IBM SAN Volume Controller.
IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC) is a storage virtualization system that enables a single point of control for storage resources to help support improved business application availability and greater resource utilization. The objective is to manage storage resources in your IT infrastructure and to make sure they're used to the advantage of your business-and do it quickly, efficiently and in real time, while avoiding increases in administrative costs.
In addition, the system includes the SVC Data Engine to help support the massive volumes of data created by today's demanding enterprise applications. SVC is designed to deliver unprecedented levels of efficiency, ease of use and dependability for organizations of all sizes.
- Enhance storage functions, economics and flexibility with sophisticated virtualization
- Leverage a new data engine and hardware-accelerated data compression
- Store up to five times more active data using IBM Real-time Compression
- Move data among virtualized storage systems without disruptions
- Optimize tiered storage – including flash storage – automatically with IBM Easy Tier
- Improve network utilization for remote mirroring and help reduce costs
- Implement multi-site configurations for high availability and data mobility
Lease it from Zones! Learn more